Would you be interested in presenting or writing for SEAQ to contribute to the professional development of teachers in the learning area of Humanities and Social Sciences?
The aims and priorities of our Association are outlined below.
The Social Educators Association of Queensland (SEAQ) is the state professional body for social educators and community members interested in the advancement of social education in Queensland.
- to promote, encourage and advance the teaching and learning of Social Education (or HaSS) in Queensland at all levels of education (early childhood to tertiary),especially through the lens of Civics and Citizenship Education ;
- to facilitate professional interaction, discussion and debate in support of effective social education for the benefit of the community, teachers and learners;
- to provide activities that support teachers, such as seminars, newsletters and web-links to resources, as well as information about activities provided by other groups;
- to assist members to understand educational policy-making and to attempt to influence such policies as necessary;
- to support research about social education and cross-disciplinary learning and to encourage members to do their own research in the form of classroom-based action learning;
- to liaise with the national body, Social and Citizenship Esucators Association of Australia (SCEAA), and communicate as necessary with relevant community groups, the media and other professional associations (state, national and international) to promote the highest quality Social Education